Add Lighting to Tent EventsPosted: March 1, 2013 Posted by: True Value
More and more people are planning theme parties, weddings and corporate events that take place in tents. Adding the extra flair with lighting that creates the right mood plays a major role in the design of these events. To make your tent events real memory makers, discover all the lighting options available.
Add focus to a central area of a tent with portable chandeliers. There also are some great products that simulate a chandelier. These units feature huge, round bulbs and typically hang from pole-style tents.
Freestanding lights allow designers to create little settings or scenes in different areas the tent, such as a park bench with flowers beside Victorian-style street lamp. Many styles are available, and can really set the scene.
This donut-shaped electrical box slides on the center pole of a tent. Four lights surround the box. One option is to use halogen lights that shine up into the tent ceiling. Another option is to use decorative glow bulbs.
- Colored lighting is a way to add drama or flair
- Shine colored gel lights up from inside large potted plants.
- Achieve an avant-garde look with back lighting that shines through theatrical screens or background panels of stretched materials.
- Popular tent ceiling accent colors are lavender and pink. These colors soften the mood of the tent’s interior.
- Use colored lighting carefully. For example, don't illuminate food tables with a pink light or all the food will look pink.